Friday, September 20, 2013

Sand Angels and a Taste of Home


Our week started out slow but towards the end we were busy, busy! At the beginning of the week Michael had his back to school/meet the teacher night. He really enjoyed meeting the parents of his students. He made a comment say, “All my student’s parents showed up!” This is the first time in his ten years of teaching that this has ever happened! And while he was busy with work the girls and I decided to have dinner on the beach. We went to the Surf House picked up dinner and made our way to the beach. They loved it, just sitting out there watching the water. But they really loved playing in the sand. They made sand angels, dug in the sand and didn’t want to go home even though it was really dark outside. Here are some pictures of them playing and having a good time!

 


 

On Tuesday the girls and I had to go to the clinic for our blood check from the previous week. Which tuned out that we really didn’t need to go. But since we were there it showed that I wasn’t immune to hepatitis B and that if I wanted I could start the shots like Michael did. So, I decided that it wouldn’t hurt since we do plan to travel in the future. I have two more shots in the coming months to complete the series. Caley also need a hepatitis A shot. Macey kept saying she wanted a shot until she heard Caley hollered out “Ouch that HURTS, with a little crying!”

On Thursday I went to the Mom and Tots group to see what it was like. I met a few more Moms and enjoyed watching the girls play with other children one of which is in Macey’s classroom. They played for a while did a coloring activity, had a snack and then played some more. It was a bit unorganized and a bit chaotic. At least the teacher inside of me was thinking of other ways to handle the group. I only say that because they came up with the coloring activity on a fly and drew a snake on a piece of paper for the kids to color and then added wiggly eyes to them. So as I left I made a comment that I could open the house up since I am literally a block and half from where they meet. Another mom explained the process so the first week of October I’ll open the house and will be in charge of the snack and activity. I’m looking forward to this!

We also got our air shipment in. It was a little taste of home! We finally have a vacuum, microwave, my steam mop and many of useful items that we were missing. It’s funny because we packed three packs of pull-ups but hope that it will take forever to use them since we are trying to potty train Caley. She is getting there.


 The girls were so excited to see some of the toys we had packed!
 
Caley's Potty Chart for this week

I’ve learned something new! Well not really… I put in a load of laundry before going to bed the other night and when I woke up in the morning the washer was still running!!! YIKES! Well I was able to rinse and spin the cloths. I put them in the dryer, they did their thing in there and then when I took them out there was something very wrong with the cloths! Here are a couple pictures of what happened. So lesson learned not to put a load of laundry on before going to bed…


 This shirt actually looks pretty cool but I guess there is too much chlorine in the water.

 
We have a long weekend this weekend and will get to enjoy our time together. We can’t go to Bahrain yet since we don’t have our multi entry/exit visas. But hope to go there on our October break!
Gammy this one is for you!
 
Here is a bonus video. Caley learned to snort. I missed the snort but love her expression and oh so cute little face! She thought it was pretty funny!
 

Some people have asked about our contact info so here you go:
Address:
Our Name
Saudi Aramco P.O. Box 1173
Ras Tanura , Saudi Arabia 31311

Our Vonage number is 817-230-4699

Until next time be blessed!

The Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment