Friday, November 1, 2013

Kisses and Trick or Treating!

This week was a full one. We had a blast! Last Friday we went over to a Ambre and Brad's house and had a potluck dinner. They cooked chicken and I brought deviled eggs and my oatmeal cookies! There were nine adults and nine kids! Let's just say everyone had lots of fun! We were parting the night away! We the adults were enjoying our time together we decide to put a movie on for the kids so that they would settle down a bit and stop running/screaming all over the place! They settled down and enjoyed the movie. We adults were on the patio next to the living room so we still could see them. Well the next day I met up with Ambre (the greatest hostess!) and she told me that Macey had done something at her house. Well Ambre's oldest plays with a little girl near the same age. Well that girl kissed Ambre's son on the cheek. Apparently Macey saw this and took the opportunity to kiss this boy on the LIPS!!!! OMG!!! When I talked with her about it she denied they whole thing but I could tell she wasn't telling the truth about what had happened. So Michael and I have had to talk with her about this and hopefully she won't be kissing any boy until she's in her twenties! LOL!
 
On Saturday I got a much need Mommy day to myself. This meant that I took the shopper's bus and was able to walk around without having to worry about anything except myself! I know that sounds silly but I really did enjoy myself. While I was out I finally purchased some sand toys for the girls. We've been meaning to do this but just kept forgetting when we were out. So when I got home we took the girls down to the beach to play with their new toys!
 
 Of course Caley enjoyed herself!
 Macey did, too!
 The ocean must have been at low tide because there were tons of sea shells! This is one of my favorite pictures of Michael and Macey walking on the beach! So sweet!
 As were about to go I noticed Caley on the sand making sand angels! She was covered in sand so she got a bath on the back patio, which she loves!
 On Monday, Macey's school had their Halloween party. I made rice crispy pumpkin treats for her class. They turned out pretty cute and the kids loved them.
]
Her class paraded around the school! She enjoyed herself and was so happy to see Caley and I!

 We then went back to her classroom to eat snacks, decorate a monster and dig into some worms (noodles) for a special treat!

 
 
 


 Caley wanted to try it but was very unsure. As soon as Mrs. King moved away she dove into the pumpkin

 
On one of the mornings I took the girls into town to the fruit and vegetable stand. The Saudi's are super sweet here and before even being in the stand for less than a minute both girls had a banana in their hand to eat! Here is a picture of what we brought home. Next time we won't get so much.

We had Macey's first parent teacher conferences this week. Everything went well. Her teacher gave her 2 stars and a wish: 1. Macey gets along well with everyone. She can play with friends or be alone. 2. Macey had such positive energy. She enjoys everything we do, read, sing, and play with. Mrs. King also gave her a wish and area where we can help. Continue to work with her and encourage her to write her name. I know she knows what letters they are, but at school she says that she can't do it. This is mainly because she sees that the other kids can't do it. I want her to shine when she is ready to do this. So we went home and we practiced. Here is her work. I had to help her with y but she did the rest! So proud of her!
 She is also very interested in Michael and I's name and how it is spelled.
 After the hard work of write we enjoyed a popsicle!
 So then we made it to Halloween. They girls had a blast. To the point that they were telling us to stay in the golf cart so that they could trick or treat at a door by themselves!

Here's Caley as Doc McStuffins

 Macey and Daddy in the golf cart. Macey is a witch.
 Here is a picture of them going to a door by themselves!
 This picture is blurry but they were holding hands going to the next house!
Here is a video of Caley. Every time we left a house she would say, "We need to get more candy!"
 
 
Our week was very full. We are so blessed to live in this community. Everyone was so happy to see the girls in their costume (which they gave them more candy!) but it was a ton of fun.
 
In other news, Caley will start at a preschool this Sunday for half day in the mornings. She has been missing school so much and is really excited to go! This will be some great one on one time with Macey in the morning and I'll get one on one time with Caley while Macey is in school in the afternoon!
 
 

As’salam Alikum ~ Peace be with you!
The Myers





No comments:

Post a Comment